MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (September 22, 2017) - The Town of Mount Pleasant Public Services Department offers the following update:
- The Waste Management Division continues to collect vegetative debris on the normal Wednesday route. Do to the amount of debris on this route, we expect to finish it by Saturday afternoon. When complete we will begin the normal Thursday route. We hope to complete our first pass for debris collection by the middle of next week. When the first pass is completed, we will begin the second pass which will include collection of non-vegetative debris (trash).
- As of this morning the Waste Management Division has collected 10,992 Cubic Yards of vegetative debris associated with the storm
- Please ensure that your vegetative debris pile only contains vegetation. If it contains other material like lumber, carpet, metal, etc. we will skip the pile. Non-vegetative debris (trash) must be collected separately. No trash (miscellaneous items other than vegetative debris) will be collected until we complete the first pass for vegetative debris.
- The Waste Management Division is collecting garbage (Town issued container) on the normal schedule.
- Yesterday the Grounds Division finished the Whipple Road Sports Complex so all Town athletic facilities have been completed. They are now working on cleaning the rest of the Towns parks and grounds. We hope to be back on our normal grounds maintenance schedule next week.
- The Grounds Division mowing crews continue their normal schedules.
- The infrastructure Division, Facilities Division, and Stormwater Division continue general recovery operations today.
For more information on storm recovery, visit us online at http://www.tompsc.com.