By Martine Wolfe-Miller, Town of Mount Pleasant Communications Officer
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (January 3, 2018 - Update 4:38 p.m.) – The Town of Mount Pleasant facilities will be closed Thursday, January 4, as the impacts of Winter Storm Grayson are felt through the Lowcountry. The Town is expected to resume normal scheduled activities as early as Friday, January 5. The Town will inform the public accordingly.
The Emergency Operations Center was activated at 6:00 a.m. today and moved to OPCON level 3 at 2 p.m., in a full emergency response to the winter storm. All emergency personnel and operations will remain active during the weather event.
The Town has announced the following closures and cancellations
- The Mount Pleasant Municipal Court will be closed Thursday, January 4, 2018. All cases will be rescheduled. The court office, once reopened, will send out notification via mail with the new scheduled court date and time.
- Trash and garbage pickup will be cancelled for the rest of the week. Waste Management Division will resume normal collection activities effective Monday, January 8.
- The Planning Committee of Council scheduled for today, January 3, will be rescheduled for Friday, January 5 at 10:30 a.m. View the Calendar at www.tompsc.com.
- The Fire Committee of Council meeting scheduled for tomorrow, January 3, will be rescheduled for Monday, January 8 at 9:00 a.m. View the Calendar at www.tompsc.com.
- All Recreation activities are postponed. Stay tuned at www.rainedout.com.
For more information about Mount Pleasant’s emergency preparedness visit us online at www.tompsc.com, follow us on Facebook or Twitter, or call (843) 884-8517.