- Taxpayers who own real property (home, land, building, mobile home) in Charleston County may be eligible to pay their bill through advance payments, at no additional cost.
- In order to participate, the tax bill created in October of 2019 must be paid by January 15th, 2020 and cannot already be held in escrow by a mortgage company.
- For tax year 2020, you must enroll between December 1st, 2019 and January 15th, 2020.
- Enrollment forms are available online and at any Charleston County Treasurer's Office, beginning December 1st, 2019.
- Your Advance Installment Payment Plan will initially consist of 6 equal payments (based on the last year's real property tax bill).
For example, if your 2019 real property taxes were $1,200, then your plan would consist of 6 equal payments (in cash or check only) of $200 each to pay toward your 2020 real property taxes.
- First February 15: $200
- Second April 15: $200
- Third June 15: $200
- Fourth August 15: $200
- Fifth October 15: $200
- On October 1, 2019, Charleston County will calculate your 2020 real property tax bill; therefore, your 6th and final payment will be based on the remaining amount due to pay your real property taxes in full.
2020 Real Property tax bill = $1,230
Less: installments paid to date ($1,000)
Your 6th and final installment payment would equal: $230
Charleston County will send you a notice (no later than November 15th), informing you of the amount due for your 6th and final installment payment. The final payment is due by January 15th.
- Special assessments for commercial properties are not eligible to be included in the Advance Installment Plan.
- A separate application must be completed for each property to be included in the program.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at the Treasurer's office at (843) 958-4369.