- Pond grading along Whipple Road and waterline relocation along Law Lane being performed. Asphalt repair work being performed along road cut areas.
- Storm drain work will continue in Basins 8 and 9. Basin 1 storm drain work on Plantation Lane and Covent Square to start next week. Within Basin 11, tree removal along Law Lane will start next week.
- Crews are continuing to line pipe throughout the neighborhood.
- The contractors have moved the lay down yard to the grassy area on the corner of Whipple Road and Indigo Cut.
- Crews have moved into Basin 12 and Basin 8
- We have received information about Styrene from the contractors: Styrene Information
Trees will be removed in BASIN 4 starting on Wednesday, July 18, 2018.
The Snee Farm Drainage Improvement Project is set to begin on Monday, July 9, 2018.
The construction contract was awarded at the May 2018 Bids and Purchases Committee. Funding from the State Revolving Fund, for up to $10 million, became available July 01, 2018 after the completion of the loan process and the start of the Town’s new fiscal year. The contractor will begin working on July 9, 2018. A formal pre-construction meeting was held with SCDOT, Town staff and the Construction Engineering and Inspection firm. Subsequent meetings with the contractor and utility companies will be held as necessary to prepare for mobilization. Staff plans to conduct several outreach efforts with the neighborhood and directly adjacent property owners in advance of construction to explain the anticipated schedule and phasing plan.