- Last Monday of each month at 6 pm, unless otherwise noted on the 2023 Annual Meeting Schedule
- Mount Pleasant Municipal Complex, 100 Ann Edwards Lane
- Submittals are required 21 days prior to meeting date
- If you would like to apply to serve on the Board of Zoning Appeals, you can submit an application with your resume to the Clerk of Council.
The Board of Zoning Appeals has three specific powers, duties, and responsibilities as set forth by the South Carolina 1994 Comprehensive Planning Act:
1. To hear and decide appeals for variances from the requirements of the zoning ordinance when strict application of the provisions of the ordinance would result in unnecessary hardship. There are four tests of hardship established by the state. All four must be met. It is incumbent upon the applicant to demonstrate the hardships.
2. To permit uses by Special Exception when designated within the zoning code.
3. To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in an order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of the zoning ordinance.
Please review the Explanation of the Board of Zoning Appeals Process for additional information.
Sign up for Notify Me to receive all news and notifications about the Board of Zoning Appeals, agendas, minutes, and Mount Pleasant. View agendas and meeting minutes in the Agenda Center.