The Mount Pleasant Senior Center will be closed in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, November 23rd, 24th, 25th and 26th. We will be open on Monday, November 27th for regular business hours. Have a Safe & Happy Thanksgiving!
The July - December 2023 Senior IN MOTION Magazine and the Current Weekly Exercise & Program Schedules are posted on the Senior Center Quick Links at: www.mtpleasantrec.com.
View our Center
The center is located at 840 Von Kolnitz Road in Mount Pleasant. Geared towards those 50 and older, the Senior Services Center offers a variety of recreational, cultural and creative arts programs, in addition to providing health, wellness, educational and social activities. Space at the facility includes a weight room, aerobics room, café, prep kitchen, screened porch, card room, educational room, arts and crafts room, and a therapeutic healing garden. For a current brochure, schedules and the fitness training video, check out Quick Links (Click to see full listing) to the right of the screen. If using a mobile device continue scrolling until you reach the Quick Links.
- Exercise classes: Zumba, Strength Training, Pilates, Tai Chi, NIA, Yoga, Balance, Barre and more
- Gold & Chair Exercise Programs - Adaptable for all level of mobility. Geared for the fitness newcomer.
- Group games including Bingo, Pinochle, Bridge, Cribbage, Canasta, Dominoes, Mah Jongg.
- Dance Classes - Tap, Line Dance, Shag, Ball Room Dance and Movement & Memory Through Dance
- Trips - Local and Out-of-Town
- Personal Trainers available!
- Painting - watercolor, oil, acrylics / Drawing
- Quilting, rug hooking, scrapbooking, jewelry making
- Social programs, including coffee talks, potluck luncheons, health & wellness talks
- Wireless internet available in-house.
- Computer Lab Weekly
- Tablet - Social Media - Smart Phone Workshops
- Basketball / Pickle Ball / Ping Pong / Billiards
Beginning January 1, 2020 the fee will be $140 per year for Mount Pleasant residents and $280 for non-residents of Mount Pleasant. For details, call MPRD Senior Center at (843) 856-2166.
- Refunds: A $10 processing fee will be charged for each participant's request for a refund. Refund requests received up to five business days before the start date of the activity will be considered minus a $10 processing fee. Requests must be made by an adult 18 years or older.
- Transfers: A $10 processing fee will be charged for all transfers. Transfer requests received up to three business days before the activity start date are transferable minus a $10 transfer fee. No transfer requests will be honored after such time. Requests must be made by an adult 18 years or older.