The Mount Pleasant Recreation Department offers all different levels of group instruction for infants to adults to learn to swim.
Please find our swim lesson schedule along with all our other Aquatic Activities herein our In Motion Magazine!
Group Swim Lessons
All ages listed below are participation guidelines. Participants should also be placed according to ability.
- Parent-tot: (6 months-3yrs) Water Discovery
- Pre-school lessons: (3-4yrs. only) Introduction to Water Skills
- Please note that at the R.L. Jones Center Pre - School Swim Lesson times are 9:30 am - 10:00 am for all sessions!
- Learn to Swim Level 1: (5+yrs) Basic Water Skills / Beginning Swimmer
- Learn to Swim Level 2: (5+yrs) Fundamental Aquatic Skills / Advanced Beginning Swimmer
- Learn to Swim Level 3: (5+yrs) Stroke Development / Intermediate Swimmer
- Learn to Swim Level 4: (5+yrs) Stroke Improvement / Advanced Swimmer
- Learn to Swim Level 5: (5+yrs) Stroke Refinement / Advanced Swimmer
- Adult Learn to Swim: (15+yrs) Beginning Swimmer / Intermediate Swimmer
Private & Semi-Private Swim Lessons
$30 resident/$45 non-resident for 30-minute single lesson (1 person)
$45 resident/$60 non-resident for 30 minute semi-private lesson (2 people)
If you are looking for one-on-one instruction or semi-private instruction, then we can match you up with one of our American Red Cross certified Water Safety Instructors to personalize your lessons to your learning goals.
Please fill out the Private Swim Lesson Inquiry Form and email to: