By Martine Wolfe-Miller, Mount Pleasant Communications Manager
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (September 7, 2017) - To help mitigate the impacts of Hurricane Irma, the Town of Mount Pleasant will deliver 1,400 sandbags to the following locations on Friday, September 8, 2017 at 12:00 p.m., noon. Please note that sandbags will be available on a first come/first serve basis. Once they are gone, the Town will not have additional sandbags for distribution. The sandbags are free of charge.
- Corner of Royall and Ferry Streets (200 sandbags)
- Snee Farm Hwy 17 Entrance (200 sandbags)
- Snee Farm Whipple Road Entrance (200 sandbags)
- Near Kudzu Bakery (794 Coleman Blvd., near Starbucks) (200 sandbags)
- Pearl Street at Ellen Drive (200 sandbags)
- Kincade Drive at Majorie St (200 sandbags)
- Whole Foods (Shopping Center) Houston Northcutt (200 sandbags)
Beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, September 8, 2017, sand and 1,500 sandbags will be available at a do-it- yourself sandbag area by the oil recycle center at the Public Services Facility at 6 Mile located at 1355 Sweetgrass Basket Way.
For more information about Mount Pleasant’s emergency preparedness, follow us at: