Public Services Department Tropical Storm Irma Update #4
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (September 18, 2017) - The Town of Mount Pleasant Public Services Department offers the following update:
- The Waste Management Division continues to collect vegetative debris on the normal Tuesday route. We estimate that we will be working on this route for another 2-3 days because of the volume of debris on this route. When complete we will begin the normal Wednesday route.
- Saturday the Waste Management Division completed garbage collection on the normal Thursday route. Today we will resume our normal garbage collection schedule.
- As a reminder, no trash (miscellaneous items other than vegetative debris) will be collected until we complete the first pass on vegetative debris.
- Last week the Grounds Division completed preparing all of the football and soccer fields and started the baseball and softball fields. They also cleaned the Pitt Street Bridge and the Alhambra Hall grounds.
- This week the Grounds Division will focus on the baseball and softball fields and facilities. When this is complete we will finish cleaning the Towns other parks and grounds.
- The infrastructure Division, Facilities Division, and Stormwater Division will continue general recovery operations today.
For more information on storm recovery, visit us online at http://www.tompsc.com.