MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (September 27, 2017) - The Town of Mount Pleasant Public Services Department offers the following update:
- The Waste Management Division continues to collect vegetative debris on the normal Thursday route in Dunes West. When they finish in Dunes West they will move to Park West. When we finish Park West we will have completed our first pass and we will begin the second pass, starting on the normal Monday route. The second pass will include collection of non-vegetative debris (trash).
- As of this morning, the Waste Management Division has collected 16,076 Cubic Yards of vegetative debris associated with the storm during 12 days of collection operations.
- Please ensure that your vegetative debris pile only contains vegetation. If it contains other material like lumber, carpet, metal, etc. we will skip the pile. Non-vegetative debris (trash) must be collected separately. No trash (miscellaneous items other than vegetative debris) will be collected until we complete the first pass for vegetative debris.
- The Waste Management Division is collecting garbage (Town issued container) on the normal schedule.
- Grounds Division will finish cleaning the remainder of the Towns parks and grounds as part of their normal schedule.
- The Grounds Division mowing crews continue their normal schedules.
- The Facilities Division has resumed normal repairs and activities.
- Infrastructure and storm water issues pertaining to the storm are now being addressed as part of the normal work schedule.
For more information on storm recovery, visit us online at http://www.tompsc.com.