By Martine Wolfe-Miller, Communications Manager
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (Aug. 21, 2019) – The Town of Mount Pleasant 2020 Application for Accommodations Tax Funding is available online. The application is for tourism-related projects or events to be held January 1, 2020 through June 30, 2020.
Submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to ATAC, 100 Ann Edwards Lane, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464. Please download and complete the application in Adobe Reader. Responses submitted in Internet browsers will not be saved.
All completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted by Sept. 2. The project presentations will be held at Town Hall, 100 Ann Edwards Lane, on Thursday, October 24, and may not exceed two minutes. The Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee will deliberate and grade the projects making a recommendation to Town Council for consideration at their November 12, 2020 meeting.
ABOUT ATAX FUNDING
Accommodations Tax is available under section 6-1-530 of State Law for the following tourism-related expenditures:
- Advertising and promotion related to tourism development
- Maintenance or operation of a tourist-related building or facility
- Construction of tourist-related building or facility
- Beach re-nourishment
Accommodations Tax is not available for the following tourism-related expenditures:
- Sporting Events with Scholarships
- Promotion of Events staged by Colleges, Senior Centers, or Local Choirs for the Participation of Locals
- Cultural Programs in the Schools
- Anything that Involves a “Re-Granting” of Funds or Donation of Proceeds
For a complete listing of eligible and ineligible projects, please refer to the ATAX State Guidelines Summary.
Email email@example.com for additional questions on the 2020 Application for Accommodations Tax Funding.