Charleston County Government is at Operational Condition (OPCON) 1 and the Emergency Operations Center is fully active. Citizens should make final preparations for the arrival of weather impacts from Hurricane Dorian. Hurricane shelters open at noon, Tuesday, September 2. Shelters are used as a last resort and citizens need to bring necessary personal items with them. Transportation pickup points can be found in Charleston County’s Hurricane Guide at charlestocounty.org. Buses will run from the hurricane pickup points to shelters from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day weather permitting.
The following shelters are open:
- Coastal Pre-Release Center (pet friendly shelter) – 3765 Leeds Avenue, North Charleston 29405
- Military Magnet Academy - 2950 Carner Ave, North Charleston, SC 29405
- R.B. Stall High School - 3625 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston, SC 29418
- Jerry Zucker Middle School - 6401 Dorchester Rd, North Charleston, SC 29418
Please note these County closings and information:
- All Charleston County Government offices will be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, September 3 until further notice. That includes the Judicial Complex Downtown.;
- Jurors are excused for the remainder of the week.
- All Charleston County Public Library branches will be closed until further notice. The book drops will be closed during branch closures and we ask patrons to not leave items outside the book drop. All fines that would be incurred during the closure period will be waived. Please check www.ccpl.org and follow the library on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
- DAODAS Charleston Center information
- All clinical services will be closed for the duration of the week. Outpatient services will resume Monday morning September 9. The Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) will resume normal clinic hours Saturday morning, weather permitting. For further updates please call the Charleston Center helpline at (843) 722-0100.
- Tentative Bond Court Schedule
- Tuesday, September 3 – 10 a.m. only
- Wednesday, September 3 – 10 a.m. only
- Thursday, September 5 – Schedule will be determined on Wednesday
- Charleston County Recycling
- Curbside recycling services will be suspended until further notice.
- The Bees Ferry Landfill and convenience centers closed until further notice.
- The Charleston County Marriage License Division will be available to accommodate citizens during inclement weather office closure. If you need to pick up a marriage license or to fill out an application, please email or call/text:
- Charleston County High Wind Bridge Procedure:https://www.charlestoncounty.org/departments/emergency-management/files/BridgeProceduresHighWinds.pdf
You may stay updated by downloading the free EMD app by searching CC EMD in your carrier’s app store. Updates will also be posted on our Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages.