Mount Pleasant Public Services continues collecting debris associated with Hurricane Dorian.
Mount Pleasant Waste Management crews have completed vegetative debris collection in I'on and have moved into Hobcaw Point. They will continue collecting in neighborhoods down Mathis Ferry Road heading towards the bridge.
Contractors are finishing up collecting vegetative debris from Snee Farm; Dunes West; and Charleston National today. When they complete those neighborhoods they will move down Longpoint Road towards the terminal; down Hwy 41; and down Rifle Range Road towards the IOP Connector.
- We are planning on another contractor crew being made available starting this afternoon or tomorrow. When they arrive, they will start at the IOP Connector and move south.
- Charleston County is requesting all storm-related debris to be placed curbside by September 22nd.
- One Mount Pleasant Waste Management truck continues collecting non-vegetative trash. It is not following a specific route, but is working to cover the entire Town as efficiently as possible. All other trucks have been assigned to vegetative debris collection.
- We will conduct two passes for vegetative debris collection. The second pass will not begin until the first pass of the entire Town is complete.
Please review the Debris Separation Guidelines on the graphic from FEMA. The only storm debris authorized for collection for Hurricane Dorian is vegetative debris. If other items are mixed into vegetative debris piles, the pile may not be collected.
- Please review the “Tips for Curbside Debris Placement” infographic. Make sure to keep all piles away from ALL utilities so we don’t damage critical infrastructure. Do not block roadways or sidewalks.
- We are cleaning what we can but ask for help on completing the finishing touches (sweeping and bagging leaves, cleaning up smaller debris left behind after piles are picked up, etc.)
- One Mount Pleasant Waste Management truck continues collecting non-vegetative trash. It is not following a specific route but is working to cover the entire Town as efficiently as possible. All other trucks have been assigned to vegetative debris collection.
We will do our best to keep you informed of our plans and progress. We thank you in advance for your patience.