By John Greenberg, Mount Pleasant Communications and Marketing Coordinator
MOUNT PLEASANT, SC (August 15, 2022) – The Town of Mount Pleasant FY2022.2023 Application for Accommodations Tax Funding is now open for submissions. The application is for tourism-related projects or cultural events to be held from January 1, 2023, through June 30, 2023. Complete this form and submit it along with all of the required documents.
All completed applications and supporting documents must be submitted by September 30, by 4:30 p.m. The project presentations will be held at Town Hall on October 13 at 10:00 a.m. Presentations may last no longer than two minutes. The Accommodations Tax Advisory Committee will deliberate and grade the projects on October 14. The projects will be considered by Town Council for final approval during the November 8 Council Meeting. The organizations receiving funding will be notified shortly after Town Council’s approval.
ABOUT ATAX FUNDING
Accommodations Tax is available under section 6-1-530 of State Law for the following tourism-related expenditures:
- Advertising and promotion related to tourism development.
- Construction, maintenance, or operation of a tourist-related building or facility.
Accommodations Tax is NOT available for the following tourism-related expenditures:
- Promotion of events staged by colleges, senior centers, or local choirs for the participation of locals.
- Cultural programs in the schools.
- Anything that involves a “re-granting” of funds or donation of proceeds.
For a complete listing of eligible and ineligible projects, please refer to the ATAX State Guidelines Summary. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions on the FY2022.2023 Application for Accommodations Funding.