My ditch needs cleaning - what will the Town do?

General ditch upkeep is up to the property owner. Leaves and debris should never be placed or raked into or along ditch systems. Property owners should cut grass and keep up with the ditch area as they perform their regular yard maintenance. If the ditch is collapsing or has filled in with dirt, the problem can be reported to the Town. Staff will investigate and determine which agency owns the ditch and submit a service request for the property owner. Generally, the repair work consists of digging out the ditch to the correct depth.

Show All Answers

1. Why do I have to pay to manage stormwater?
2. I've paid my fee - where is my project?
3. What type of work does the utility perform?
4. What is a sinkhole?
5. I have a drainage easement on my property - what does that mean?
6. I want to do work in a drainage easement - what do I need to do?
7. My ditch needs cleaning - what will the Town do?
8. Who maintains ponds?
9. There is a clogged drainage pipe - what should I do?
10. A storm is coming - can I get sandbags?
11. I need help with my water or sewer service - who do I talk to?
12. Who helps with Mosquito Control?
13. Where can I dispose of used oil or gas/ oil mixtures?
14. I need to drain my pool. Where can I pump the water?