I need to drain my pool. Where can I pump the water?

It is against the law to pump chlorinated pool water into the storm drain system; this includes backwash water. However, with permission, Mount Pleasant Waterworks (MPW) may accept pool water into the sanitary sewer system. To request to discharge pool water into the sewer, you can reach MPW's Customer Service Center at (843) 884-9626. Customer Service personnel will need to know the dimensions of your pool and general sewer discharge location. If you are draining the de-chlorinated water from the pool (not the filter backwash) - this can be sent to the public storm drain - try to avoid pumping right before, during, or after rain events! For more information, please contact our Stormwater Office at (843) 856-2157.

Show All Answers

1. Why do I have to pay to manage stormwater?
2. I've paid my fee - where is my project?
3. What type of work does the utility perform?
4. What is a sinkhole?
5. I have a drainage easement on my property - what does that mean?
6. I want to do work in a drainage easement - what do I need to do?
7. My ditch needs cleaning - what will the Town do?
8. Who maintains ponds?
9. There is a clogged drainage pipe - what should I do?
10. A storm is coming - can I get sandbags?
11. I need help with my water or sewer service - who do I talk to?
12. Who helps with Mosquito Control?
13. Where can I dispose of used oil or gas/ oil mixtures?
14. I need to drain my pool. Where can I pump the water?