How do I get a plat or map of my property?

A plat of the property is recorded and archived at the Charleston County Register of Deeds office. You can find a copy of the plat by searching online at or by calling 843-958-4800. The book and page number will be needed.

A site plan of the property showing the footprint of the house on the lot may be archived in the building permit files.  A freedom of information request can be submitted online through the website to request a copy of the site plan or you can contact the Engineering and Development Services Department at 843-856-3080.

Aerial maps or zoning maps of property can be found by accessing our GIS maps online through our website.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit to remove a tree in my yard?
2. Do I need a permit to trim a tree?
3. Can I have an apartment over my garage?
4. How do I get a plat or map of my property?
5. Do I need a permit to replace or change sign faces?
6. Do I need a sign permit to move a sign from my old business location to a new location?